Sunday, October 20, 2013

This Tough Old Dirt

Found out this week that this basement isn't going down without a fight. After 4 good days of work around the outside of the house, it was discovered that the 103 year old dirt around the foundation is just too tough for the mini excavator that Bailey's brought in. A bigger excavator will make an appearance later this week and work should really take off. What the guys did get accomplished was digging trench to run the tile that will be set around the bottom of the foundation and the new tile that will drain my gutters.
So stay tuned until next Sunday to HOPEFULLY see some major progress being done. It's an exciting time around here and I'm glad you all are in it with me.
Enjoy my 4th annual fall colors shot :). How awesome is it that I get to wake up and see those trees every single morning?! My great-great grandparents were pretty smart cookies about choosing the location to build their, now my, dream home.

No comments:

Post a Comment