Friday, October 15, 2010

DESTRUCTION

Well I lied....Kevin just came to install the windows for now. He is waiting for Travis, my siding guy, who told me he would be here at the end of next week or the beginning of the next week. That's OK though, it'll give me more time to clean up some of the junk that was left in the house. It will also give me time to clean up my mess that I made earlier this week...
This week I decided that I would start tearing walls out that I wanted out. This way it would cut down on the labor cost and I figured if I could do it then I would. I took the plaster and lathe off the wall at the top of the stairs. I'm going to turn that area into a loft area. Before it was just a room without a closet and the hallway was dark so knocking out the wall would lighten up the hallway and I could do more with that area than if it was closed. Then after seeing the mess I made I decided I should make another one. I went downstairs and started tearing out half the wall that I'm opening up between the living room and dining room. As you will see, I left the studs because believe it or not, I'm not exactly 100% positive on what I'm doing. So instead of taking out the studs and watching the house fall down around me, I figured I better stop while I'm ahead. My next wall that I'm showing no mercy will be the one between the bathroom and pantry. With the help of my sister and brother-in-law, that should come down pretty fast.
Also...I'm looking for an antique church pew. If anybody has any suggestions on wehre to look, please let me know! I think that an old pew would be pretty fitting in the house.
Enjoy the pictures and thanks again for reading :)


1 comment:

  1. The only thing worse than knocking that stuff out......would have been putting it up in the first place.

    Looks like you're starting to make progress.

    ReplyDelete