Monday, May 17, 2010

The View from my Front Porch...

Hey Everybody,
I thought I'd do a quick write up about my landscaping project I did tonight. It took about 3 hours, one trip to Corydon, 10 buckets of Mom's rocks, and dirty hands.
Last spring I had an idea about how to spruce up our family farm sign that one of Craig and Shirley's friend designed, using beams from the old barn. I bought some bushes last year and got them planted and I wanted to go back on some hills behind the house and pick up rocks and then use them for some kind of landscaping. So Dad and I headed for the "back hill" with the Ranger and loaded the box full of "Brown" rocks. Well tonight I had some free time and I decided that I needed to get it done. I was pretty happy with how it turned out and hope you guys are too!
I also took a picture looking east off of my porch. I think that the porch is one of THEE coolest things of the house. The view in the fall is going to be gorgeous. I will be thinking about all of you when I'm sitting in Grandpa Sullivan's glider, drinking iced tea, and looking at all of the different colors God has chosen for each and every leaf on each and every tree.
Thanks again for reading, your support, and enjoy the pictures!

2 comments: