Sunday, May 30, 2010

This Patriotic Old House

Hello All,
I managed to get a few things done at the house today. Met with another contractor, power washed my AWESOME porch, and got my American flag hung.
So earlier this winter after I knew I was getting the house I called in a contractor and had him figure up a bid for me. I liked the bid, it was within my ball park. After discussions with other people, I took their advice and thought I should get another contractor out to look at the house and get another bid. So I called the same guy who put the roof on and rebuilt the porch 10 years ago. He does really good work and he has done many old houses before. He gave me a rough estimate and then told me how long I would have to wait...a year and a half. After talking it over with Dad, I decided that if I was serious about living here then I need to get started on it ASAP. The good thing about the first contractor is that he told me he could start the day I got money. And this guy also does really good work. So don't think I'm skimping out on quality, I'm just not sure if it would be able to handle another winter like the last two. Remember...she's old...almost 100 years.
As for power washing...I plan on finishing it sometime tomorrow and then putting a coat of stain on to get it looking good. That thing was filthy! It's a good job done, that's for sure.
And last but not least...my flag. It is my opinion but I think that every American should hang a flag. It's just something about seeing a flag wave in the wind that looks so cool. And we all need to think about the people that put their lives on the line for us fighting overseas. If it wasn't for them, who knows where or in what condition this country would be in.
That's all for now. Hope you all enjoy your Memorial Day weekend. Be safe and have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment