Sunday, July 4, 2010

Come inside....

Happy 4th to everybody!! Today is a day we should all enjoy celebrating but also think about what we have/are going through to keep our freedom. America is such a great country and I'm proud to say I live here.
A few weeks ago I finally took some pictures of the inside of the house after people had been asking me and asking me but I was always too busy to really find time. So I will post some pictures of the living room, dining room, and kitchen. In the living room I plan on opening up the doorway to the dining room and having an open staircase. I am pretty excited about this idea. I'm pretty sure it's going to be gorgeous. The dining room I plan on keeping the same. I do want to close a couple doors up so I don't have so many. I will either add a window or simply just put a wall in. My kitchen is what I'm really excited about. I am going to close two doorways. On one side of the kitchen I have a pantry and bathroom. Well I am going to close the door to the pantry and the knock out the wall between the two and have one big bathroom. On the other side of the kitchen I have a door that goes to the laundry room and to the porch. I plan on getting rid of the laundry room door and knocking out the wall between those two rooms and having one mudroom/laundry room. Closing up those two doors will give me alot more room for my cabinets. I am also going to eliminate the windows and put my sink on that wall and then have a window over my sink. I also plan on having an island in the middle. It is going to be totally different but I'm pretty sure it's going to look good too. I also plan on keeping my wood floors in the living room and dining room and re-doing them. The floors are in good shape because they have had carpet laid on top of them their whole lives. I plan on putting ceramic tile in the kitchen, bathroom, and porch.
I have also been looking for colors for the downstairs. For the kitchen I want to go with a light yellowish color. And for my dining room and living room I have been thinking about a light brown/tan. I have also been looking at more unique colors to maybe do one wall as but I haven't found anything yet that has caught my eye.
Enjoy the tour....






No comments:

Post a Comment