Wednesday, December 22, 2010

They're Baaaaack

Welcome back everybody!! Travis and his guys came back this morning to do some work before my electrician gets here tomorrow (cross fingers). They finished knocking out walls that I was scared to and they put up a header where one wall was load-bearing. My jaw dropped when I walked in and saw the walls gone. I can't believe how open it is now! They also took out the wall upstairs in my loft area. You will see pictures here in a second. They are also getting the ceiling "stripped". This means that they are putting up 1 x 3's(?) up across my ceiling. They are doing this so that the electrician can run wires between the boards and then after he is done wiring they can go ahead and screw the dry wall up. I will take pictures so you can understand it better. I think I am learning way more than I would like to ;).
I am also taking on another project. I have decided to get new cabinets! I went to Lockridge in Centerville and got some very good help from Dena. She had my kitchen and bathroom all drawn up and it looks amazing. I am really excited about this! I am going to go check out some Amish made cabinets and look another couple places before I decide what I am going to get and where I am going to get them from. I will keep you all updated.
Enjoy the pictures and I hope every single one of you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!


2 comments:

  1. How do you put those white frames around your pictures. Is it just the background automatically applying them?

    ReplyDelete