Monday, December 27, 2010

Cabinets

Just wanted to give you all a quick update on my cabinet selection. After looking at a few different cabinets made by different companies and cabinets made by Amish, I have decided that I am going to go with Amish made cabinets. Last Thursday, my Mom and I made a trip down to Stateline Custom Cabinets 8 miles south of Seymour just past the state line. Lewis Gingrich is the cabinet builder along with his brother in law. Lewis told me about his cabinet making and also gave me a quote. I was impressed with his work and the price. I had looked at one kitchen that he had built before I made the journey south and I fell in love with it. The quality was unbelievable! So I called him today and told him to put me on his list. He warned me on Thursday that it may be late April until he gets to me and that is totally fine. I know it will be worth the wait. This way I can get painting done and anything else before he comes and installs. I will post a picture of what the cabinets will look like. I am getting hickory with a toffee finish. I think that it will look really neat with my light yellow paint and my tin ceiling.
I also met with my electrician last week and today and we just walked through and marked where I want light switches and anything like that. He mentioned that it's going to be a challenge but that's what makes it fun, right?? ;) I have total confidence in him. He seems like he knows his stuff. I think he is getting started on that later this week. It is going to take him awhile because he'll have to run wires from the basement all the way to the attic.
I hope everybody had a good Christmas and got to spend it with the people you love! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment