Sunday, March 13, 2011

CODE RED!!

Some pretty neat stuff went on at the house this past week!! First, I want to thank Jer and Velvet Buckingham and my Mom for helping me paint this weekend. We managed to get the downstairs done. It looks terrific!! It's all coming together so nice!
Travis got my new front door in and new steps to my back porch built. The new door is 100 times better than my old one. Mainly because it opens and you don't have to wiggle the door knob and kick the bottom of it to get it to open. Another thing that I had Travis do was to put up some old barn boards on the header between my kitchen and the dining room. There used to be an old barn that set just south of the house and it was in pretty bad shape so we tore it down a few years ago. Luckily, Craig and Shirley managed to save some old boards from the outside and told me that I could use them if I had plans for them in the house. Well I had been thinking about this idea since they got my headers up...I wanted to take old barn boards and box the headers in to make it look kind of like an old beam. So Travis and Daryll did exactly what I wanted and made it look like an old beam. It took alot of measuring, cutting, more measuring, and more cutting to get them to fit. It looks incredible. I'm also going to do this to the header between my living room and dining room. So to keep going with this idea, I took an old board with red paint still on it and Allerton Lumber paint matched it and I got a gallon of paint that matches the old paint exactly. So to tie in my barn boards, I painted the walls that they are on my new red color. It all ties in beautifully. I have wanted a red wall from Day 1 and thought this would be perfect! These boards also go great with my tin. This is something I'm really excited about! Travis will hopefully be back this week to finish my other header.
I'm crossing my fingers but I'm hoping I can get the upstairs painted this week and then all my first coats will be on. I will be doing a 2nd coat in the mudroom, kitchen, and bathroom. I am also going to be getting ahold of my cabinet maker and letting him know that he can come and measure for cabinets anytime! I still have a boatload of work to do after painting! I will be re-finishing my woodwork and also my wood floors. That will take DAYS and DAYS!!
But all in all, it's coming together better than I had ever imagined. Enjoy the pictures and everybody have a fantastic week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment