Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dude, where's my cabinets???

...Your guess is as good as mine. Knowing my luck, there is still an ash tree standing in the forest and that tree is suppose to be my cabinets! I called my Amish cabinet maker the last Wednesday of April just wondering how the building was going and what day he thought he would install them...since he told me 4 times that they would be installed in the FIRST WEEK OF MAY. He returned my call later that day and told me that he was in Minnesota. Upset?? Of course!! Especially when I gave him 40% down already since that's his policy. Whatever, I guess. He did call me this Saturday and tell me he was back in Iowa (good to know) and that he was going to start on my set this week and it would be 2 weeks.
I do have a shimmer of good news though. Jon from CornerHart was at the house a couple days last week hooking up lights and getting my ceiling fan hung in the kitchen. He also got my outside porch lights on. I know quite a few of you wanted to see how they looked hung up. I think they look pretty good. I also got some shutters ordered and they should be in by now. The next step is getting Travis back over here to get them on for me. Thanks so much for keeping up with my project and I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Hopefully you shared it with Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment