Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Incredible Floating House, Part Duex

Yes, work is still going on. I didn't post last week because not a lot got done with the rain we got. This week was a different story.
The guys got the old walls knocked out on the south and east side in one day. The walls were up when I left the house that morning and when I got home that evening, my house was "floating" again.
They also got footings poured and the new Styrofoam forms up in 2 days. I was super impressed by how fast and how much progress was done this week!! They managed to get those things done before another rain shower moved in Wednesday.
With the rain that came through on Wednesday, I thought there was no way that a concrete truck could get backed up to the house and get the walls poured. Well, take note, I was WRONG!! Thursday afternoon they were pouring the walls! I do have to admit that my yard doesn't look like the turf in Kinnick Stadium anymore but things are getting done and that's what I want!!
I'm not sure if they are going to start digging out my old floor this week or not. Stay with me to find out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment