Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 5 Progress

Pretty original blog title, huh??
Well....the rain really slowed progress down this week. Bailey's did get here on Thursday and Friday though to start closing up the north and west walls. I will say that really helps by keeping the north wind out from under the house. When I say that they are closing up the walls, I mean that they are taking 2 x 12 studs and putting them on top of the concrete walls that fit perfectly under the house to support it. They then cover the studs with plywood. The plywood will be covered with a stucco texture when it's all finished to make it look nice.
I also took some pictures in the basement showing the old walls and the new walls. I still think it's amazing that the old walls were all hand stacked. A lot of work went in the basement 103 years ago.
Not sure what is on the agenda for this upcoming week. Stayed tuned next Sunday to see what got accomplished this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment