Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Holy Sh...iding!!!

Sorry it's been awhile since my last update but things have just been going really slow the past few weeks at the house. Today changed though...
Travis and his crew were working at the house last week putting up soffit and they did get most of that done. They have to bring in a 45 foot lift to get to the tallest places on the house. Just doing that little thing made it look alot better. Today they came back and got some siding up. It looks AMAZING!!! Hopefully they can get a big chunk done before the rain shows up on Friday. But what they do have done is pretty sweet. The electrician came over the weekend and put my new electrical box in and ran a new line from the overhead power line to the basement. I also had a couple guys working earlier this week sealing up cracks and repairing some old bricks in the basement. When I got to the house first thing this morning there were 6 vehicles in driveway. It was a pretty cool sight. The guys were back finishing up some stuff on the basement when they brought up the idea of me walling up the basement entry that goes outside. I thought about it for a few minutes and when ahead with the idea. Hopefully this is the right decision and so far I haven't had any objections. The outside entry is just another place for mice and cold air to come in at. It will also look better...I think.
But things are starting to change and hopefully they can change enough for me to keep updating regularly and posting new pictures.
Here are some pictures of the Travis putting up soffit with the lift, the new siding, and my walled up basement door. Enjoy....and I'm still looking for that church pew...


1 comment: