Sunday, January 16, 2011

Another wall hits the dust...

While working on the house this week, Daryll (one of my carpenters) mentioned something about knocking out a short 4 ft. wall between my kitchen and dining room. I admitted that I had never thought about that and went ahead and took off some lathe to see how it would look, and it did look pretty amazing. So a couple days after him bringing this up, that wall was gone and another header was put up. And I will say that it does look pretty cool. The house looks even more open. You can see clear through the house now. I will post pictures.
Unfortunately no drywall got hung last week. We had about 7 inches of snow on Monday and that kept the guys away Monday and Tuesday. But they did finish getting ceilings ready for drywall and they got my new header in. My electrician also finished the electrical work upstairs and is making good progress on the downstairs. An inspector is suppose to be down tomorrow afternoon to inspect the work upstairs and then after it is ok'd, sheetrocking can begin. So I'm hoping by Tuesday or Wednesday night I can update again.
I hope you all had a great weekend and stayed out of trouble. I will be talking to you SOON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment