Sunday, January 9, 2011

Rumor has it.....

...that drywall will start to be hung this week! I have been busting my rear for the past 6 days getting plaster knocked off walls and shoveled into the truck. I finished that project at about 3:00 this afternoon. When I told people that the plaster was going to have to come off, everybody asked me who was going to do it. I looked at them with a puzzled look and told them I was. They then looked back at me with an even more puzzled look and told me that one person couldn't do it. Well they were wrong. Maybe it's me but when I think something has great potential, you will work your butt off to prove you are right. And that's exactly what I did! I will admit though...Dad did help me shovel for a couple hours today.
Other things going on at the house this week: electrician will be finishing wiring and a state inspector will come down and inspect the wiring, new basement windows will be installed, hanging tin ceiling in kitchen, finish stripping the ceilings, and DRYWALL!! I think things will finally start to take off from now on. It's all so exciting!!!
Oh and one more thing....my Mom just gave me my first Christmas tree decoration. It's a 30 foot long crocheted popcorn chain. I can't wait to hang it on my first real tree next year!
Enjoy the before and after pictures of how much plaster was on the floor to how much better it looks after it was all cleaned up. I hope you all had a splended weekend! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment